Friday, July 15, 2011

~*Happy 20th Birthday Joshua*~

My "baby" boy is 20 today!! I can't believe it....honestly...didn't I just bring him home yesterday??
Joshua was truly a gift, many years of infertility treatments and month after month of disappointment as I just couldn't seem to get pregnant.
I will never forget the day that I found out that we we're going to have him, my heart had never felt so full. I can honestly say that I don't think my feet ever touched the ground his entire first year of life....every day was a gift.
I am so proud and so blessed to be his mother...from my little toe headed blonde boy with big brown eyes to the fine tall, dark & handsome young man he has become today.
As mother's all we want is for our children to be happy and healthy, to give them the roots to grow.
I watch him on his journey into adulthood now, trying to figure it all out...who he wants to be, where his passion lies. A whole world to make choices from. He's still searching his heart for all of the answers...making his own celebrations and yes, his own mistakes.
Sometimes I look at him or hear that deep voice call my name and I don't see my 6'2 son but the little boy who used to spend hours just lining up his hot wheels cars asking me for a box of raisins...my little man.
He may not need me to hold his hand to cross the street anymore but I will always be there to hold his heart when needed....a mother's love is never a question.
Happy Birthday Joshua....and blessings to me for having the chance to have you in my life.
~*Mom*~

4 comments:

  1. hi,Kriss I can hear your pride in your son~ so very sweet~
    Happy Birthday Joshua~
    smiles
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiest of birthdays to Joshua!! My "Only" just turned 20 last month - and I have the same feelings (only his passion was Leggos more than Hot Wheels...) The time flew by so quickly - how I'd love to help him build a Leggo project now....:o) Hope his day is as special as it will be for your remembering the blessings of the day....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post about your son - Happy Birthday to him. Of course you just brought him home yesterday - he's just suffering from that tv/soap opera disease - rapid aging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 20th to your son!
    Earlene

    ReplyDelete

I Love to hear from you!!